Cannon Falls, MN—November 24, 2015—GEMSTAR™ Custom Hard Cases is committed to manufacturing high-quality industrial cases to ensure superior performance and protection. GEMSTAR’s three proven, rugged case platforms – Sentinel® injection-molded cases; VersaPro® thermoformed, single-walled cases; and Stronghold® rotationally molded cases – meet or exceed multiple industry standards for case performance. Case models are tested for drop, vibration, and immersion, and materials and forming processes are verified through temperature conditioning, dart impact, UV stabilization, and salt fog conditioning.
For customer applications requiring additional testing, GEMSTAR can test cases and custom cushioning performance to industry standards for drop, vibration, and immersion. Additional testing can be tailored to meet a customer’s specific product use.
“Our customers expect their cases to protect and transport high-value payloads,” said Anna Lee Cleary, Project Manager, GEMSTAR. “Our comprehensive testing procedures are specially designed to assure our customers’ case investment will provide superior, long-lasting protection well beyond the initial load.”
GEMSTAR product testing capabilities include:
- Vibration: Loose load vibration, repetitive shock and bounce tests according to ASTM D4169, MIL-STD-810, ATA300, FedEx, ISTA 1A, FED-STD-101 and multiple other industry standards evaluate the structural integrity of cases and the ability of the packaging to protect the contents from vibration.
- Drop: Drop tests according to ASTM D4169, MIL-STD-810, ATA300, FedEx, ISTA 1A, FED-STD-101 and multiple other industry standards simulate impacts that may occur during transit.
- Submersion/Immersion: Submersion, immersion, and ingress tests according to IP67, MIL-STD-810, FED-STD-101 and several other industry standards evaluate the case’s ability to prevent the ingress of water.
- Heat & Conditioning: Heat-related tests according to MIL-STD-810, FED-STD-101, MIL-STD-648 and multiple other industry standards evaluate the capability to withstand extreme heat under varying test configurations.
- Dart Impact: Impact tests according to the Association of Rotational Molders evaluate the impact strength of different materials and the effects of processing parameters on impact strength.
- Handle Strength: Handle pull strength tests evaluate if a case can withstand heavy loads.
- Wheel Endurance: Wheel endurance testing evaluates the bearings, rubber and other components for wear and durability.
For more information on GEMSTAR Custom Hard Cases testing program, visit GemstarCases.com.
About GEMSTAR Manufacturing
GEMSTAR™ Manufacturing has been a leading manufacturer of custom plastic parts and industrial cases since 1964 and operates under two business unit brands. GEMSTAR Formed Plastic Components provides custom fabrication and contract manufacturing for plastic parts and assemblies. GEMSTAR Custom Hard Cases offers three rugged case platforms: Sentinel®, VersaPro® and Stronghold®. For more information, visit GemstarCases.com.