Minneapolis, MN—January 20, 2015—Banner Engineering announces the Q4X laser distance sensor. Featuring superior, versatile sensing performance, the Q4X reliably detects distance changes as small as 1 mm and covers a 25 to 300 mm range across multiple target colors, materials and surfaces. With the ability to detect presence/absence of a target or an object’s orientation, the Q4X solves a variety of sensing applications.
The Q4X is optimal for difficult distance-based sensing applications as it easily detects objects regardless of target surface reflectivity, including black foam on black plastic, black rubber in front of metal, multicolor packaging and targets of all colors. Additionally, the sensor provides superior resistance to ambient light interference.
“The Q4X was designed to be a problem solver for our customers,” said Dennis Smith, Technical Marketing Manager at Banner Engineering. “With a wide, reliable sensing range, best-in-class excess gain, intuitive operation, high visibility and durable construction, the Q4X solves the most challenging applications.”
Offering a simplified user experience, the Q4X provides a clear distance readout from the highly visible, angled four-digit display that is easily viewed from multiple vantage points. The Q4X also offers intuitive user setup utilizing three tactile buttons conveniently located below the display.
For use in wet and high-pressure washdown environments, the Q4X is constructed with robust housing rated to IP69K. Durable FDA-grade stainless steel resists mechanical impact, over tightening and extreme vibration.
To accommodate diverse industries and applications, the Q4X provides reliable detection of:
- Black foam in front of black plastic in automotive interior and exterior assembly
- Parts of varying colors in consumer packaged goods and automotive industries
- Black rubber in front of metal in robotic assembly, especially automotive
- Multicolored packaging and secondary packaging in food, beverage and cosmetics
- Part-in-place for poke-yoke or error proofing of assembly steps
- Small parts for automated assembly processes, such as caps, seals, o-rings, washers, vials and jars
- A wide array of parts in vibratory feeder bowl equipment, including part level detection in the bowl (bowl empty, bowl full), and part present in the feeder track (i.e. track full)
- Any challenging part-detection application
About Banner. Banner Engineering is a world-leading manufacturer of photoelectric and ultrasonic sensors, indicator lights, vision sensors and vision lighting, electronic machine safeguarding systems, wireless networks, fiber optic assemblies and precision measurement systems.
For further information, contact Banner Engineering Corp., 9714 Tenth Avenue North, Minneapolis, MN 55441. PH: 888.373.6767 (Toll-free North America), or 001.763.544.3164 (International). FAX: 763.544.3213. E-commerce: www.bannerengineering.com/buyonline.